Things To Do
There is so much to do and see in the Hawkesbury. Why not try a few of these things out during your stay?
There are many spectacular lookouts and trails for you to experience. Access from the Hawkesbury is located on the southern side of Bells Line of Road, west of the river. Some of these walks include:
- Poets Rock – The Poets Rock walk takes about an hour, accessible from the Lieutenant Bowen Drive at Bowen Mountain. On this walk, you can enjoy fantastic views all the way to the Sydney city center and beyond.
- Burralow Rainforest Fire Trail Walk – The beginning of this trail is at the opposite end of the Lieutenant Bowen Road (southern). Near the beginning of the track the Crago Observatory, operated by the Astronomical Society of NSW. Although the walk takes about two hours (one way) it has an easy grade.
- Vale Of Avoca Walk – from Cabbage Tree Road
Water Activities Nearby @
- Colo River – Morans Rock Reserve – Lower Colo Road and Singleton Road
- Lower Portland & Upper Colo Reserve
- Try the Wheeny Creek Comleroy rd round trip through Mountain Lagoon to Bilpin
- Bulcamatta Falls or Burralow Fire Trail. See Drives Map in the cottage.
Spoil Yourselves on Sunday
- Hillbilly Cider Music, woodfire Pizza Country Style – https://hillbillycider.com.au/visit-us/
- Bilpin Fruit Bowl – https://bilpinfruitbowl.com.au/
Places to visit
Follow us on Instagram