Things To Do
There is so much to do and see in the Hawkesbury. Why not try a few of these things out during your stay?
There are many spectacular lookouts and trails for you to experience. Access from the Hawkesbury is located on the southern side of Bells Line of Road, west of the river. Some of these walks include:
- Poets Rock – Bowen Mountain (1 Hour Return)
- Burralow Rain Forest Walk – Burralow Creek (2 Hours One Way)
- Wheeny Creek or the Wollemi National Park – Take a Picnic Basket
- The Potager Mount Tomah – Open for both breakfast and lunch from Wednesday through to Sunday.
Water Activities Nearby @
- Colo River – Morans Rock Reserve – Lower Colo Road and Singleton Road
- Lower Portland & Upper Colo Reserve
- Try the Wheeny Creek Comleroy rd round trip through Mountain Lagoon to Bilpin
- Bulcamatta Falls & Burralow Fire Trail, see the Glow Worms.
Spoil Yourselves on Sunday
- Hawkesbury Paddle Wheeler – Operates from lower Portland 7 days and nights a week.
- Be sure to stop at the Hillbilly Cider Shed & Pie in the Sky Bilpin