Things To Do
There is so much to do and see in the Hawkesbury. Why not try a few of these things out during your stay?
The Blue Mountains National Park covers an area of 247,000 hectares and is very popular with bushwalkers. There are many spectacular lookouts and trails for you to adventure on. Access from the Hawkesbury is located on the southern side of Bells Line of Road, west of the river. Some of these walks include:
- Poets Rock – Bowen Mountain (1 Hour Return)
- Burralow Rain Forest Walk – Burralow Creek (2 Hours One Way)
- Observatory Fire Trail – Crago Observatory (About 200m Along the Burralow Rain Forest Trail at the end of Lieutenant Bowen Road, Bown Mountain)
- Wheeny Creek, near East Kurrajong in the Wollemi National Park – Take a Picnic Basket
- The Potager Mount Tomah – Open for both breakfast and lunch from Wednesday through to Sunday.
- Colo River – Morans Rock Reserve – Lower Colo Road and Singleton Road
- Lower Portland
- Upper Colo Reserve
- Wheeny Creek Comleroy/Mountain Lagoon to Bilpin
- Bulcamatta Falls
- Burralow Fire Trail
Spoil Yourselves on Sunday
- Hawkesbury Paddle Wheeler – In operation for many years from the wharf in historic Windsor. Operates 7 days and nights a week.
Places to visit
Follow us on Instagram
Instagram requires authorization to view a user profile. Use autorized account in widget settings